BRINGING GOOD BEER TO GREAT PEOPLE!

It's not off topic if it's about beer
 beerthief
It was at Howley, probably all gone by now.
 shorlin
 shorlin
Well, it was pretty unexpected, but I found Boxing Rock's "Courage (for Gord Downie)" beer at Topsail Road NLC. Boxing Rock website says they only made 2000 bottles. It hit Nova Scotia liquor stores November 20th but it looks like it's all gone at NSLC. At 7:00 pm there was a full row of it in Topsail Road location. Wow.

That's a "run, don't walk" situation if you want some.
 beerthief
How was it now that I'll never see one?
 shorlin
Got a little information from Kayla:

Turns out that it was not supposed to be released until Friday. They hauled it off the few shelves it was accidentally put on so they can formally release in two days. It's probably so they get a fair release at all stores at the one time, rather than the dribs and drabs that happens during the course of a week. (Paradise and Mt Pearl Monday, Topsail and Blackmarsh Tuesday etc.) Same plan as the Advent Calendars. Keeps the vultures from buying it all up store by store.

It's a bit of a big deal since it is sold out in Nova Scotia and there are only 15 bottles left in PEI. And, on Friday, we'll have some here. My guess is a case (12) per store, maybe two at the biggest stores. But you still have a chance.

As for taste, oh, I'm not going to drink it! I'm selling it on Kijiji as soon as it sells out from NLC ;)

Or, perhaps, check out my Untappd later tonight. :lol:
 nbnewf
shorlin wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:04 pm
Got a little information from Kayla:

Turns out that it was not supposed to be released until Friday. They hauled it off the few shelves it was accidentally put on so they can formally release in two days.
So, did they take it off shelves? Put back out Friday. and where would it be besides Topsail?
 nbnewf
shorlin wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:56 am
My information is that it should be released at ALL major stores on Friday. It should not be on shelves until then.
F R E A K Y!!!! I was just checking around for the Gord Downey beer online (11:44 pm Thurs) on K Rock and geez, thought Id check here (duh?!) for info and wouldn't you know.... Tragically Hip song "Little Bones" is now playing Major freaky!!! Guess that might mean its in my cards??!!!! So cool.
 shorlin
Courage beer update:

Inventory is out now and it is at ALL stores, not just major stores. And up to 84 bottles at some stores. So, not as limited as I would have guessed but if you can remember the run on the first lot of Trooper, well this Tragically Hip beer will go quick I imagine.

http://www.nlliquor.com/products/19204/ ... l%20Bottle
New listings at the NLC.

While no one was paying attention (well, I wasn't […]

Forum Theme Change

Looks good, thanks!

The Mega Blend was one of my best of the year and […]

Who’s going to try to put privatization back[…]

Subscribe to newsletter to receive updates & invites!