Great American Beer Festival

HoppyBeerday

Great American Beer Festival

Post by HoppyBeerday » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:00 pm

If you're ever looking for a festival to try new beers or just want a wicked vacation, I highly recommend Great American Beer Festival (GABF - http://www.greatamericanbeerfestival.com). Held annually in Denver, CO, in early October, it's a huge (America's largest ticketed beer festival) beer sampling festival with hundreds of brewers and thousands of beers, mostly craft breweries. It is also a competition where beers are awarded gold, silver and bronze in their respective category. I've been twice, once as part of a bachelor party which was an utter but wonderful mess, and I'd go every year if I could. Some of the best beer I've ever had came from samples at the festival. This year tickets go on sale at the end of July and if you're interested in going, I'd get tickets as soon as they go on sale as it's getting increasingly popular and it sells out pretty fast.

chalmers

Re: Great American Beer Festival

Post by chalmers » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:23 pm

I'm going this year with a mate, plus our partners. We're going to join the AHA and hit up the Members session Saturday afternoon.
Anyone else going?

beerthief
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by beerthief » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:02 pm

I'm also thinking of trying to get to the Modeste festival in Antwerp for. First week of October
So many beers, so little time...

save $5 on a new smugmug photo account: use this coupon7frrnSRiTt9Fk

AJW709

I see your GABF and raise you a GBBF!

Post by AJW709 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:02 pm

Should your travels take you to London in August, I highly recommend the Great British Beer Festival http://www.gbbf.org.uk/ More cask conditioned ale than you can shake a stick at! And probably easier to get to than Denver. ;)

beerthief
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by beerthief » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:47 pm

There are a few other fests I'd rather go to than Brit ones right now.
So many beers, so little time...

save $5 on a new smugmug photo account: use this coupon7frrnSRiTt9Fk