BRINGING GOOD BEER TO GREAT PEOPLE!

Press releases, new products and general news from breweries and brands
 shorlin
In case you missed the excitement, Port Rexton has a new retail outlet in St. John's. Torbay road, in plaza behind Jungle Jim's. No sign or name yet, but it was open.

I say "was" because they ran out of beer by about 3:00 Saturday. But they were stocking four different cans and growler fills of Wheaty Pants until they got emptied. Merch also onsite.

They say they will be open again on Thursday. Their Facebook page is the best place for updates. https://www.facebook.com/portrextonbrewing/
 danhyde
This is pretty huge. I expect to get all the fancy seasonals as this will be their primary distribution avenue now!

Any chat with them on that? Or when/if they plan to close for tourist season?
 shorlin
I didn't get a chance to chat because they were out of cans and the line for growler fills was long (and me without a growler).

Facebook says hours are Thursday 4-8, Friday 4-8, Saturday 12-6. They call them "regular hours" so I'm hopeful they will continue. And no one should kid themselves that there will be any beer left on Saturday.
 Bayman4048
Good for them! Good for us, to. But, with the weather and road conditions between now and the spring (whenever the hell that will start :lol: ) most people outside their area will be reluctant to make the trek over the highway to get beer. Hoping it works out well for them.

Cheers!

Norm
 shorlin
Bayman4048 wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:19 pm
Good for them! Good for us, to. But, with the weather and road conditions between now and the spring (whenever the hell that will start :lol: ) most people outside their area will be reluctant to make the trek over the highway to get beer. Hoping it works out well for them.
Just to be clear, those hours (Thurs, Fri, Sat) are for the Torbay Rd, St. John's retail location. Taproom location (in downtown Port Rexton) has only been open on Saturdays the past few weeks. Not sure about this Saturday. Anyway, as a transplanted townie I now only have to brave the Parkway, not the highway.

https://www.facebook.com/portrextonbrewing/
 Brian M
I had to go to Bonavista today for a funeral. So, on the way back I stopped at the Brewery and picked up a supply of all their beers. They are doing major renovations and their debit machine was down but I had lots of cash. Now, I have virtually none. They will be back in town this coming weekend and will also have a new seasonal. The new seasonal will probably not be available until Friday. They told me what the new seasonal was but I can't really remember what it is. Very long day for me, but I think it was a cranberry stout. I am sure they will have it posted somewhere soon. I figured it was easier to get their beers today, than to trust to getting some this weekend. They are also going to do another 1080 beer this winter.
danhyde wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:34 pm
This is pretty huge. I expect to get all the fancy seasonals as this will be their primary distribution avenue now!

Any chat with them on that? Or when/if they plan to close for tourist season?
 Brian M
New beer release today - just in time for Christmas!

We've taken our T-Rex Porter, conditioned for two months on locally foraged partridgeberries in French Oak Cabernet Sauvignon barrels to give you "Nor' Easter", our Partridgeberry Porter.
Coming in at 6.5% with an IBU of 19, this Porter is sure to make you feel warm and cozy inside on these cold Newfoundland days! We have a limited number of 500ml bottles available in Port Rexton in our taproom, as well as in St. John's at our retail outlet (286 Torbay Road). We want everyone to get a chance to try these, so we're setting a limit of 2 bottles/customer. They make great stocking stuffers, or just keep them all for yourself!
New listings at the NLC.

While no one was paying attention (well, I wasn't […]

Forum Theme Change

Looks good, thanks!

The Mega Blend was one of my best of the year and […]

Who’s going to try to put privatization back[…]

Subscribe to newsletter to receive updates & invites!