#35: The Bruery offering

shorlin

#35: The Bruery offering

Post by shorlin » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:18 am

Just out, so I thought I'd post.

From the Bruery. The Bruery is a boutique craft brewery located in Orange County, CA, specializing in barrel aged and experimental ales. Founded as a small, friend and family run business in 2008, The Bruery takes their unique moniker from founder Patrick Rue’s family surname.
For a very limited time, the Bruery is offering these beer at the following significantly discounted prices:

¡Guava Libre! $15.00 / bottle 750 ml
Imperial Cream Ale – 7.5% alc./vol.

Humulus Lager $15.00 / bottle 750 ml
India Style Lager – 7.4% alc./vol.

Oude Tart $25.00 / bottle 750 ml
Flemish-style Red Ale – 7.7% alc./vol.

Saule $35.00 / bottle 750 ml
Old Ale – 16.1% alc./vol.

At first glance that looks like a lot of money, but if you wanted to buy these beers yourself at the brewery, they would cost $14.99 to $29.99 American dollars. With that perspective, these are crazy good prices.
The next beer you try might be the best beer you will ever have.
Check out my Untappd profile: https://untappd.com/user/shorlin

C-Pu

Re: #35: The Bruery offering

Post by C-Pu » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:42 pm

shorlin wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:18 am
At first glance that looks like a lot of money, but if you wanted to buy these beers yourself at the brewery, they would cost $14.99 to $29.99 American dollars. With that perspective, these are crazy good prices.
This was my takeaway as well. These are very reasonably priced, considering how far they must travel etc. Going to be difficult not to buy a few extra cellar bottles.

UXO

Post by UXO » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:14 pm

... except for the fact that these guys have been churning out new labels at a spectacularly unseemly pace. I have good access to many of them in AB, and I used to try keeping up. I don't any more. I'm quite willing to spend $20+ for something special, but when it's yet another over-the-top Famille Rue offering, my enthusiasm isn't quite what it was. Don't get me wrong: I must have eight or ten of theirs in my cellar right now, and I'm utterly certain they'll all be good - but after you've had twenty or thirty of them, I can assure you they won't all be memorable.

danhyde
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by danhyde » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:11 pm

An exciting offer either way. Great to have this brewery back in an offering.

I shared an Oude Tart with groulxsome a couple years ago and it was amazing. Definitely gonna be hard not to buy a bunch of those!

beerthief
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by beerthief » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:10 am

Looking forward to these too, not having had nearly as many as Patrick the lustre is still there for me.
So many beers, so little time...

save $5 on a new smugmug photo account: use this coupon7frrnSRiTt9Fk